Official Magico Weekly Discussion Thread

Discuss the latest chapter here.

2. Description
    content
    ernest8192
    Stalker

Re: Official Weekly Discussion Thread

This series sure looks promising.
    I just hope it doesn't meet the same fate as SWOT.
    ;_;

4. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=ernest8192 link=topic=3833.msg52482#msg52482 date=1301736512]
    This series sure looks promising.
    I just hope it doesn't meet the same fate as SWOT.
    ;_;
    [/quote]

It would seem like the author, Iwamoto, is trying his best to stabilize the series early with pretty rapid pacing. I'm a bit worried, though, that it might be too early to introduce a potential new member into the protagonist group... Not to mention the "purge" arc/mini-arc looks like it's going to be pretty long...

6. Description
    content
    Numberplay
    Stalker

It was funny. Why so much hate against him? He's not even a murderer.

Oh and thanks for making this section in the forum :D

EDIT : It's on Mangareader now!!! 8)

8. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=Numberplay link=topic=3833.msg52514#msg52514 date=1301751966]
    It was funny. Why so much hate against him? He's not even a murderer.

Oh and thanks for making this section in the forum :D

EDIT : It's on Mangareader now!!! 8)
    [/quote]

Rather than hate, it's more like fear... Especially when all you hear about him is how he's been destroying cities and robbing people.

10. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

It's hard to estimate the process after just some chapters
    But an early introduction of a new member could maybe raise attraction: a crazy cute little girl - that's the whole ploy
    We will see ..

12. Description
    content
    Nathanielp7
    Stalker

I want to see what happens next with that cute little monster

14. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=L4XX link=topic=3833.msg52555#msg52555 date=1301772550]
    It's hard to estimate the process after just some chapters
    But an early introduction of a new member could maybe raise attraction: a crazy cute little girl - that's the whole ploy
    We will see ..
    [/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I love the new little girl, and I hope she joins the gang...

It's just that the current dynamic of the trio seems to be working really well, and I don't really want to see it turning into a bit of love triangle so soon.

Unless, of course, she joins in as the team mascot, then I'd be really happy :p

But we'll see, since we don't even know if she'll join or not.

16. Description
    content
    JavaAttack
    Stalker

Too be honest, this series is going a bit too fast for my tastes.
    Like, It's hard to fit a good story going that fast like Shion got the Manastone in basically one chapter.. and then they moved on to the next ritual? I was expecting it to be much longer.

Agk, I just wish it wasn't so jampacked. It makes me wonder how long will it survive in the magazine.

18. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=JavaAttack link=topic=3833.msg52582#msg52582 date=1301796722]
    Like, It's hard to fit a good story going that fast like Shion got the Manastone in basically one chapter.. and then they moved on to the next ritual? I was expecting it to be much longer.

Agk, I just wish it wasn't so jampacked. It makes me wonder how long will it survive in the magazine.
    [/quote]

Perhaps it's actually a calculated call to move it so fast with the Manastone/Decoration "Arc" (lol)? :P

A lot of time, new WSJ series slows down considerably after chapter 1, and then gets cut before much more story can be told. By going fast with, at least the first few chapters/mini-arcs, the author get to layout the foundation by telling a more complete story on the backgrounds.

Hopefully the "Purge" arc would last a bit longer, with a bit of depth for the new girl (if she is to join the gang).

20. Description
    content
    Ichibukai
    Stalker

If the little girl joins I would imagine that her role would be more like the daughter in a family rather than the start of a triangle.

22. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

[quote author=JavaAttack link=topic=3833.msg52582#msg52582 date=1301796722]

[/quote]

But isn't that just the usual procedure .. to begin with some easy moments, beat some small fry and after that little warm up things become more serious.

@Finestela
    I know what you mean. I would also like to see another 2-3 chapters just with/about the couple

[quote author=Ichibukai link=topic=3833.msg52585#msg52585 date=1301798104]
    If the little girl joins I would imagine that her role would be more like the daughter in a family rather than the start of a triangle.
    [/quote]

This would make sense.
    It would suit the pattern and all parts would be assigned then

24. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

I'm sure there were actually more between Shion and Emma than that loaf of bread. For starter, how in the world would Shion know that Emma is the Echidna (unless chibi-Emma showed chibi-Shion the mark, and he searched for the meaning of it)?

26. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

Researched his whole life to change her life .. one thing led to another

28. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=L4XX link=topic=3833.msg52961#msg52961 date=1302022290]
    Researched his whole life to change her life .. one thing led to another
    [/quote]

You can't research on something you have zero evidence of. That'd be like to identify the material of an object without even looking at it first.

30. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

First of all their encounter has changed his life .. afterwards he did researches to find out why she was in that situation and things started rolling
    At first his main intention was to free her of course, the thing with Echidna is a tale so it was maybe broadcasted around and he figured it out by himself, I mean he saw the weird incident with the briar with his own eyes that time and it's also suspicious that a little girl is hold in a place like that .. One thing led to another :)
    So far my point of view ..

But you may be right, there are partly some obscurities if you think about it

32. Description
    content
    zambo92
    Stalker

So you ended up doing it? Mannn, I was getting staff together for it :(

34. Description
    content
    Ichibukai
    Stalker

[quote author=zambo92 link=topic=3833.msg53023#msg53023 date=1302108142]
    So you ended up doing it? Mannn, I was getting staff together for it :(
    [/quote]
    You and two other groups.

No one else got past Chapter 1, though. :P

At least you can have HSDK back after we're done with it.

36. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

[quote author=L4XX link=topic=3833.msg52970#msg52970 date=1302032378]
    First of all their encounter has changed his life .. afterwards he did researches to find out why she was in that situation and things started rolling
    At first his main intention was to free her of course, the thing with Echidna is a tale so it was maybe broadcasted around and he figured it out by himself, I mean he saw the weird incident with the briar with his own eyes that time and it's also suspicious that a little girl is hold in a place like that .. One thing led to another :)
    So far my point of view ..

But you may be right, there are partly some obscurities if you think about it
    [/quote]

Maybe I'm just conspiracy/paranoia ridden, but something just... seems off. For starter, who kept Emma locked up in the first place? And who set her free? Are they the same person or not?

Also, wouldn't it be easier/better for Shion to break her out as soon as he has everything ready, instead of searching for her after she escapes? :-\

38. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

[quote author=Finestela link=topic=3833.msg53083#msg53083 date=1302180500]
    Maybe I'm just conspiracy/paranoia ridden, but something just... seems off. For starter, who kept Emma locked up in the first place? And who set her free? Are they the same person or not?

Also, wouldn't it be easier/better for Shion to break her out as soon as he has everything ready, instead of searching for her after she escapes? :-\
    [/quote]

Ok .. the first questions are kinda open as yet, you're right
    About your second part it was maybe bad timing or just half of the preparation ready or she wasn't there anymore as he had tried to break her out ..

But .. tomorrow we will maybe realize a little more .. or your paranoia will drive you crazy .. but I hope not :)

40. Description
    content
    raDar
    Stalker

[quote author=Ichibukai link=topic=3833.msg52585#msg52585 date=1301798104]
    [/quote]

Chapter 6 suggests this one... I mean, Luu is a spoiled brat. And a spoiled brat when having tantrums needs a pacifier from mommy which is Emma's boobies. She just loves those. ;D

I'm guessing this will still be a short arc, just a bit longer than the first since there's a plausible main character shown.

42. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

I'm serious about this, but we better start having a bit more flashback panel/pages in the coming chapters :P

It's really moving too fast in plot development, but not nearly enough for character development.

44. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

[quote author=Finestela link=topic=3833.msg53422#msg53422 date=1302477736]
    I'm serious about this, but we better start having a bit more flashback panel/pages in the coming chapters :P

It's really moving too fast in plot development, but not nearly enough for character development.
    [/quote]

Yeah .. I can already see the day coming when you will point at all of us with the words "I TOLD YA!"

46. Description
    content
    Finestela
    Stalker

Nah, I'm not going to do that...
    I just wish this series can become decently successful, and run for at least a year or two (at this point). :/

48. Description
    content
    L4XX
    Stalker

The series has many interesting elements .. it would be a waste in just a short tale

50. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.