Superhero

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character thread - Haruto Kirishima!

In light of my renewed interest in this series(which I suspect won't last, but what the Hell I'll try to make the most of it while it does), I thought I'd get a little bit of character discussion going.
    Figured I'd go with Haruto, not because he's the character that I find the most interesting, but because he's the character who other people's opinion of interests me the most.

From this site, and a few others I've visited, I haven't really found him to be a particularly well-liked character. So, what do you guys think of him? Do you like or dislike him? And have you always felt that way towards him?
    Personally, I liked him alright in the series' beginning, I thought he was a perfectly servicable enough protagonist, and easy enough to root for/sympathise with though not an especially memorable or favorable character, but as time went by, I went off him. I don't hate him, but I have a near total sense of apathy towards him, I can't seem to really care about anything he does or feels. I'm not sure if I could pinpoint the place in the series where this attitude set in either.
    Last edited by plecher; 03-12-2012 at 02:10 AM.

2. Description
    content
    Head of Translating

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 190 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I liked him at first. After so much time I want him to make more of a move on his girlfriends. Asuka he was getting closer to doing it with her. Though I think he tries his best to be honorable. For example when he was dating Asuka he left her pretty early so he would not cheat. He is the guy that has to do dirty things to do the right thing. In my opinion he left Asuka pretty quick for a girl he dated and longed for quite a while. I think he should have tried to cut Yuzuki out.

With things now, he lives with his girlfriend. Who actually lives with their girlfriend and can't barely kiss her??? I miss the days of Asuka where he was actually taking off her shirt.
    運命がカードをきり、我々が勝負する!!

4. Description
    content
    Superhero

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HontouRakuda View Post
    With things now, he lives with his girlfriend. Who actually lives with their girlfriend and can't barely kiss her??? I miss the days of Asuka where he was actually taking off her shirt.
    Keiichi from "Ah, My Goddess?"

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like Haruto Kirishima very much. He is one of my favorites of all the characters. I used to like him right from the beginning of the manga, when he seems to be shy, watching his crush, Nanami, from the sidelines. But then the way Eba helps him to become more outgoing and now he is even able to confess to Nanami.
    Using Music Charts to Find New Music

8. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was unfaithful. I really hate him.

10. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuto View Post
    Please tell me where you get that yuri-licious avatar.

12. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't like him at first, but when he moved to the city in search for eba i started to like him, and the way he confronts his friend, and didn't discriminate him despite of his disease, and he really loved him (like a friend xD), but the way he treated asuka, that's was awful, so in despite telling her the love that he once has, i didnt like that, because they were a really short time and you didn't have to be unfaithful..

14. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma Boss View Post
    Please tell me where you get that yuri-licious avatar.
    My avatar from Working!!'s fanart. I forgot where I get this avatar. Just random google pages.

Ps. Sorry if you already knew.

Spoiler

The pink hair girl is a boy.
    So it's not Yuri. Just SM avatar.
    Last edited by Shuto; 06-08-2012 at 10:52 AM.

16. Description
    content
    Spoony Bard

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't really call his behavior unfaithful at all. In fact, the way he handled things was specifically to avoid being unfaithful. I mean, let's be honest here, it's not like you can just control your emotions. All you can really control is how you act on them. Haruto realized he was still totally in love with Yuzuki, even though he had been dating Asuka. It's not like there was any way for him to prevent himself from feeling that way. It's a pretty crappy situation to be in, but I think he probably did the right thing, in the end. It's true that he really hurt Asuka, but she probably would have ended up getting just as hurt later on, anyway, and no one would be better off if he kept dating her when he didn't really have feelings for her any more.
    If you've read Suzuka, Seo-sensei's previous work, I think what Haruto did was to avoid a situation like what happened with Yamato and Honoka. It probably would have happened eventually anyway.
    Last edited by Aryllos; 06-08-2012 at 02:40 PM.

18. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryllos View Post
    I wouldn't really call his behavior unfaithful at all. In fact, the way he handled things was specifically to avoid being unfaithful. I mean, let's be honest here, it's not like you can just control your emotions. All you can really control is how you act on them. Haruto realized he was still totally in love with Yuzuki, even though he had been dating Asuka. It's not like there was any way for him to prevent himself from feeling that way. It's a pretty crappy situation to be in, but I think he probably did the right thing, in the end. It's true that he really hurt Asuka, but she probably would have ended up getting just as hurt later on, anyway, and no one would be better off if he kept dating her when he didn't really have feelings for her any more.
    If you've read Suzuka, Seo-sensei's previous work, I think what Haruto did was to avoid a situation like what happened with Yamato and Honoka. It probably would have happened eventually anyway.
    I just tell him for this.

Quote Originally Posted by plecher View Post
    So, what do you guys think of him? Do you like or dislike him? And have you always felt that way towards him?
    Every person has their own opinion.

For me, Kirishima Haruto was unfaithful and I REALLY HATE him.

20. Description
    content
    Spoony Bard

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tell him for this.

Every person has their own opinion.

For me, Kirishima Haruto was unfaithful and I REALLY HATE him.
    Fair enough. Sorry, I have a tendency to try to start discussions even when people might not want to discuss anything... ^_^;;

22. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the weird main male char i guess

24. Description
    content
    Denizen of the Hawk

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kupo View Post
    the weird main male char i guess
    Nice avatar... About Haruto, I thinks he's really a good character though story may seem at random sometimes I think. He's a unique harem MC ;D
    The Neko Picture Below is Hiding Something -- I wonder what it is...

26. Description
    content
    Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 396 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Haruto keep taking back Eba ?

Seriously she never tells him anything, takes on things often that require him to go out of his way to save her, flat out lies to him, breaks up with him without a word, screws with him, and now after an argument over a misunderstanding on her part (again) she storms out of Haruto's house, blocks his number, leaving him to almost file a missing persons report with how he can't get in contact with her and no one has seen her. Then when she finally comes back she doesn't even say a word to him as she just gets her suitcase. But for some reason he does everything he can to keep her.

Then once they get back together, she promises they will finally have sex the next day. So to make everything perfect Haruto cleans the house, cooks dinner, goes through mental heck trying to prepare to finally cross this line. What does Eba do? She shows up late, is half drunk, eats the food, and states she is going to sleep because she is exhausted from partying with Miyu all day, leaving Haruto confused and understandably frustrated when she goes to bed. So after he cleans up everything, he goes to bed, and tries to go to sleep, Eba looks over at him and gets angry at HIM.(At least it was somewhat better in Chapter 200 although the condom was a major turn off)

I mean if haruot and Eba's gender's were reversed, Eba will probably be hated a lot.
    Last edited by the p-man 2; 10-09-2012 at 09:26 AM.

28. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like him. He's a decent character despite being a typical harem lead. Although one thing always confused me. Did he really loved Asuka?

30. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Masaki View Post
    I like him. He's a decent character despite being a typical harem lead. Although one thing always confused me. Did he really loved Asuka?
    Seems so, but no more than he loves Eba I think.

32. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HontouRakuda View Post
    Personally I liked him at first. After so much time I want him to make more of a move on his girlfriends. Asuka he was getting closer to doing it with her. Though I think he tries his best to be honorable. For example when he was dating Asuka he left her pretty early so he would not cheat. He is the guy that has to do dirty things to do the right thing. In my opinion he left Asuka pretty quick for a girl he dated and longed for quite a while. I think he should have tried to cut Yuzuki out.

it's also kinda strange how despite living with asuka for two years it took them in their first year of college to try and make a move with eachother. heck, it's also strange that he wasn't as lovestruck for asuka as he did with nanami and yuzuki. while their relationship felt kinda organic and very well done than when he was with yuzuki i just wish seo put the best effort to develop their relationship and make them act like a married couple to build up tension when yuzuki arrives

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

at first i liked him because he was one of those main characters in manga that acted like a person but eversince he started dating asuka and yuzuki and his journey in tokyo he started to act like an immature idiot that it's mind boggling. it's also insane how seo tries to make us sympathize with him when everytime he makes some decisions it's mind boggling

34. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread