Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TWGOK Manga Recomendations?

I wanted to know if you guys know any manga similar to in any way to TWGOK. Here are some manga I think are similar to start off with! Hopefully everyone will be able to use this thread to find awesome mangas to read and discuss together! :D

MANGAS SO FAR:

Z
    Denpa Kyoushi
    Boku to Kanojo no Renai Mokuroku
    Countrouble

Crake
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Havoc
    Fujimura-kun Meitsu (Mates)

God of Grumble
    denpa kyoushi

DaKatGod
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!(It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular)

Basic
    - Gyarugewe no Sekai yo, Youkoso!
    - Iris Zero
    - Yumekui Merry
    - Chou Dokyuu Shoujo 4946
    - Lock On!
    She's Gon

Havoc1991
    Fujimura-kun Meitsu (Mates)
    Honey Coming -Sweet Love Lesson-
    Tora Kiss - A School Odyssey
    Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure!

GodofGrumble
    denpa kyoushi

Sealdrenxia
    Heaven's Memo Pad: The only NEET thing to do (anime over manga)

Rai-j
    Iris Zero
    Tsuki Tsuki!

RennanNT
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Fujimura Mates
    Tsuki Tsuki
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!
    Iris Zero
    To Aru Majutsu no Index

Holy_Banisher
    Renai Shimasen ka?

ernest8192
    Metal Heart.

Rapryu
    trinity 7 7-NIN NO MAHOUTSUKAI

Crimson
    D-Frag
    Last edited by Z-ComiX; 09-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    *DaKatGod high-fives ComiX for the first time ever.*@[11:55AM] 8/3/13
    *DaKatGod pats ComiX-kun on the back for a job-well-done.*@[02:15PM]12/7/2013

2. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to recomend D-Frag. As people have said in this thread the story is nothing like the one in TWGOK (and trying to find similarities would be pushing it a little too far) but I think people that enjoyed it can also enjoy D-Frag.

If this doesn't make you read it, maybe this is going to help:

-Idiotic situations (perhaps can be considered random comedy but this one is actually funny).
    -Likeable MC (he is not a pushover but rather pretty unfortunate).
    -Superstrong and psychotic heroines (they are also cute but that's expected in any manga right now).
    -A little bit of romance (it is not exactly a harem* but the MC can be paired with different characters, only one is currently leading right now (IMO) but like in TWGOK is unknown if the MC is interested in anyone romantically).
    -Re-readability.
    -Tsukkomi and boke
    about MC
    the main character is usually the tsukommi but later is revealed that it runs in the family, just like his hair

-This would actually be more similar to Fujimura-kun Mates (already mentioned in this thread).

*Edit. After reading about the harem genre, supposedly a harem is when 3 or more girls show some kind of "romantic interest" in the MC. This series does contain at least 3 girls that are "interested" in the MC, it's very sketchy who actually loves the MC. Only for one it's actually more than obvious that's there some romantic interest in the MC, the others are really hard to tell, some of them are really ambiguous, others are so blatant to you to tell you the truth, but even after all of this I'm pretty sure there could be a discussion if someone disagrees about the true reason behind the actions of the girls . I guess this could either be classified as a harem or not in the end I'm pretty sure there is going to be shipping involved, and in most cases it's going to be MC with X.
    Last edited by Crimson; 09-24-2012 at 07:31 PM.

4. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for some reason, I am annoyed by the girls in d-frag.

Strange, since I like fujimura mates.
    Last edited by Nercien; 09-24-2012 at 09:14 PM.

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nercien View Post

Totally agree!!

8. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rai-j View Post
    Totally agree!!

Really? How weird. Thinking about it, I don't remember being annoyed by any female character in any show.

Nevermind that , I remember now. That girl for myself, yourself anime with the squeaky voice.

Very interesting though, I never gave thought to that until now.
    Last edited by Crimson; 09-25-2012 at 04:24 PM.

10. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Really? How weird. Thinking about it, I don't remember being annoyed by any female character in any show.

Nevermind that , I remember now. That girl for myself, yourself anime with the squeaky voice.

Very interesting though, I never gave thought to that until now.
    May I ask, in real life..Is there any girls that annoy you?

In my case, its possible that they resemble someone. That is also the reason I dislike most tsundere

suashi no meteorite

Some scenes remind me Keima and the series in general though its different.
    The MC is ok,
    Last edited by Nercien; 01-31-2013 at 04:00 PM.

12. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I ask, in real life..Is there any girls that annoy you?

In my case, its possible that they resemble someone. That is also the reason I dislike most tsundere

suashi no meteorite

Some scenes remind me Keima and the series in general though its different.
    The MC is ok,
    Long answer
    There's a lot of girls that I freaking hate in real life but they are nothing like the ones in anime. The bad thing about real life is that you have to avoid them forever unless they are in your family or work in the same place as you and the good thing about series is that if someone annoys you in manga or anime you can just drop it if it doesn't worth your time. I have been lucky that no girls that are very close to me are of the types get on my nerves. There might have been more girls in both 3d and 2d that I find annoying but I just don't remember any of them for more than 1 day (either that or my brain erases them) so I don't think is a big deal at all. I'd have to check show for show to remember those types of characters.

There's a lot of characters I dislike but some of them aren't annoying, If I had to give you an example of something I hate and find annoying and the same time would be
    those girls from the reality TV show called "15 and pregnant", that covers almost all the types of girls I despise. I really admire anyone that can sit through an episode and finish it without killing themselves or a kitten. For example, from twgok I dislike Chihiro but I don't find her annoying, I find her FANS annoying. I don't dislike one of my sisters but she is annoying sometimes (which honestly can be said about anyone in your family). The point I'm trying to make is that , yes , I have people that I find annoying in both real life and in anime (and manga and bla bla bla) but normally it doesn't stop me from enjoying something if it's worth it.

There's another female in this season that really crossed the line, I freaking hate her and I can't stand her. I almost dropped that show, the only reason that
    keeps me watching is the hope that she gets brutally murdered (which won't happen, I know ;.;). The cuteness from that show is not enough for the rage it creates (kind of like kimi no iru machi, now that I remember I hate eba but then again I hate almost every single character up until chapter 106 or so when I dropped it)
    And funny enough I would hate people like that in real life but like I said there's not a lot of girls in real life that send goons to kick your ass and leave you in the hospital because you told them off in front of everybody and rejected them at the same time (he never realized she likes him).

TL;DR: There are far more girls I find annoying in real life than in shows and sometimes 3D and 2D can't be compared, but in cases when there are similarities between a person I dislike or find someone very annoying (be it real or not) , I can assure you I would hate them both. The only difference is that in one you can drop it if it's unworthy or bear it and in the other one you either have to bear it or go to jail. Hahaha, running away works too!

Anyway, enough about that. Fujimura-kun Mates has lost the spark recently, I hope it shines again soon (more harem members?). And about D-Frag, I wish they caught up already because I have seen the chinese scanlations and I have no idea what's happening. I'm going to check some of the series you guys recommended, I see manga names I didn't notice before.

14. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Long answer
    There's a lot of girls that I freaking hate in real life but they are nothing like the ones in anime. The bad thing about real life is that you have to avoid them forever unless they are in your family or work in the same place as you and the good thing about series is that if someone annoys you in manga or anime you can just drop it if it doesn't worth your time. I have been lucky that no girls that are very close to me are of the types get on my nerves. There might have been more girls in both 3d and 2d that I find annoying but I just don't remember any of them for more than 1 day (either that or my brain erases them) so I don't think is a big deal at all. I'd have to check show for show to remember those types of characters.

There's a lot of characters I dislike but some of them aren't annoying, If I had to give you an example of something I hate and find annoying and the same time would be
    those girls from the reality TV show called "15 and pregnant", that covers almost all the types of girls I despise. I really admire anyone that can sit through an episode and finish it without killing themselves or a kitten. For example, from twgok I dislike Chihiro but I don't find her annoying, I find her FANS annoying. I don't dislike one of my sisters but she is annoying sometimes (which honestly can be said about anyone in your family). The point I'm trying to make is that , yes , I have people that I find annoying in both real life and in anime (and manga and bla bla bla) but normally it doesn't stop me from enjoying something if it's worth it.

There's another female in this season that really crossed the line, I freaking hate her and I can't stand her. I almost dropped that show, the only reason that
    keeps me watching is the hope that she gets brutally murdered (which won't happen, I know ;.;). The cuteness from that show is not enough for the rage it creates (kind of like kimi no iru machi, now that I remember I hate eba but then again I hate almost every single character up until chapter 106 or so when I dropped it)
    And funny enough I would hate people like that in real life but like I said there's not a lot of girls in real life that send goons to kick your ass and leave you in the hospital because you told them off in front of everybody and rejected them at the same time (he never realized she likes him).

TL;DR: There are far more girls I find annoying in real life than in shows and sometimes 3D and 2D can't be compared, but in cases when there are similarities between a person I dislike or find someone very annoying (be it real or not) , I can assure you I would hate them both. The only difference is that in one you can drop it if it's unworthy or bear it and in the other one you either have to bear it or go to jail. Hahaha, running away works too!

Anyway, enough about that. Fujimura-kun Mates has lost the spark recently, I hope it shines again soon (more harem members?). And about D-Frag, I wish they caught up already because I have seen the chinese scanlations and I have no idea what's happening. I'm going to check some of the series you guys recommended, I see manga names I didn't notice before.
    You forgot to put " " in reality. Those things are full of half truths and exaggerated facts. Its all about the ratings and being politically correct . I just realized what our school publication's chairman meant when he said "media is just propaganda".

About fujimura, for some reason I like that glasses girl even though she is scary. Probably the glasses.
    Last edited by Nercien; 02-01-2013 at 05:38 AM.

16. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this is completely not similar to TWGOK , but I'd like to recommend Koe no Kitachi (it's a oneshot). Very few other mangas have impressed me as much as this one.

18. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basic View Post
    I guess this is completely not similar to TWGOK , but I'd like to recommend Koe no Kitachi (it's a oneshot). Very few other mangas have impressed me as much as this one.
    I can vouch for this one-shot. It's very good.
    I HAVE NO SHAME. VICTORY, AT ANY COST!

20. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Doubt!" by Amano Sakuya.

22. Description
    content