Administrator

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up with NEEDLESS?

Once again, I have to bring you some sad news. After many days of internal discussion and careful consideration, we have finally reached a decision to drop NEEDLESS. We believe this series will find a new home with people who can treat it better and do it faster than we did. However, js06 is still translating, and his translations will be posted at mangahelpers.

I hope that as readers, you will continue to support both our other projects and the mangaka who create them.

2. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! it was just getting real good too..., o well i hope it finds a new home, i need to read it, Thanks RHS for doing it for a while. sad to see it go...
    hahahaha

4. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You couldn't have did one more chapter? Thanks for nothing.

6. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
    Be more grateful to RedHawk. They do us a great service translating this manga and others.
    Last edited by Argent; 11-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.

8. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be grateful for what? Waiting nearly a month to finally get it released?

I was grateful when it was initially picked up, I thought Needless would be getting consistent and timely releases but that was not the case. It also wasn't like another group wasn't going to be picking up Needless either. So I have absolutely no reason to be grateful towards RH.

10. Description
    content
    Proofreader

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize it's a monthly series, right?
    The amount of work required for a typical Needless chapter is about two or three times that of any other series due to the immense redraws. With that kind of work, it's almost impossible to be able to release it with any sort of quality and still have time for other series. You're right that you are under no obligation to feel grateful to a group who dropped a series you like, but please don't be a whiny child about it. Needless is one of my favorite series, and many of the other staff also read it. This decision was not made lightly.
    /人‿‿人\ Anything is possible if you make a contract with me!

12. Description
    content
  13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jagman1x3 For This Useful Post:

Aryllos (11-11-2012), BlindRonin (01-04-2013), desireless_soul (11-14-2012), Dirna (11-12-2012), Holy_Banisher (11-15-2012), KoolKidsK (11-14-2012), masgrande (11-11-2012), Nemu (11-11-2012), Rain1911 (11-12-2012), Suiro (12-28-2012), tinlugi (11-11-2012), Triplicate (11-11-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see it go and sad to see ungrateful people bashing after all the great work you guys did.

15. Description
    content
    Administrator

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,825 Times in 690 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was grateful when it was initially picked up, I thought Needless would be getting consistent and timely releases but that was not the case. It also wasn't like another group wasn't going to be picking up Needless either. So I have absolutely no reason to be grateful towards RH.
    Well, thanks for something. You will hate anyone who drops it anyway.... I'm pretty sure you were also not grateful towards the group doing Needless before us when they decided to drop it.

We are not doing one last chapter because it's gonna take longer than we anticipated. By dropping this, we are hoping someone else can take and release it faster so you don't have to wait forever again.

17. Description
    content
  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malakith For This Useful Post:

Aryllos (11-12-2012), BlindRonin (01-04-2013), desireless_soul (11-14-2012), Holy_Banisher (11-15-2012), jagman1x3 (11-11-2012)

Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20. Description
    content
  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to the p-man 2 For This Useful Post:

AnarUto (11-23-2012), anginribut (11-13-2012), Elfzity (11-16-2012), Esquire (11-15-2012), Holy_Banisher (11-15-2012), kaybee (11-14-2012), Knight K (11-12-2012), Suiro (12-28-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close one door, Opens two more doors.

23. Description
    content
    Real life Sugisaki Ken

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said you like Needless, but you don't even know that it's a MONTHLY SERIES.

Shame on you. To the point that you even bashed the staff who did all the work...

Well, considering what taka-san said was right, it's a possibility that you'd blame the group that would drop the series again, so instead why don't you be productive this time and work on the series yourself?

If you can't, THEN STOP BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE AND JUST BE PATIENT. If you can't be productive, at least don't trouble other people with your annoying rant.
    Last edited by SilvioDante; 11-12-2012 at 03:56 AM.

25. Description
    content
  26. The Following User Says Thank You to SilvioDante For This Useful Post:

ikore (11-12-2012)

Neo Cleaner

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting mad at us while "didnt do anything" to help? We are not your PERSONAL SLAVES we do what we want to do..,

28. Description
    content
    Forever Green

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't listen to them, Xiammes. I've got your back.

They're just a bunch of slackers who are too busy smoking blunts and eating Doritos to take the effort to create a pocket dimension where time flows faster than in our universe so that you can get the release the second the mangaka turns it in to his editor. At that point, it is stealing, but what do you care? You need your NEEDLESS releases! You're addicted!

I mean, sure it's a monthly series, but if they don't even do the basic amount of work to do that, there's no way they'll travel through time and get the raws from the future and release them before they've been released. Just a buncha potheads scared of time paradoxes and being winked out of existence. But not you, right? You'd be fine with risking your life to create a paradox so you can get a release a bit early, right? It reflects poorly on the state of the economy that there are so many welfare geese sucking the teat of Big Government. Not us, Xiammes! We're the good workers that don't rely on the government for anything, except that one time we were on food-stamps after being laid-off! All we need is someone in power to get Big Brother (or Onii-Sama, as you may prefer to call it) off our backs. Someone who doesn't want strong central government. A libertarian!

THOMAS JEFFER RON PAUL 2016!!
    Technically, I'm a Mangaholics typesetter, ever since RHS gave Billy Bat to them, but Red Hawk is blood in, blood out.

30. Description
    content
    Real life Sugisaki Ken

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

They're just a bunch of slackers who are too busy smoking blunts and eating Doritos to take the effort to create a pocket dimension where time flows faster than in our universe so that you can get the release the second the mangaka turns it in to his editor. At that point, it is stealing, but what do you care? You need your NEEDLESS releases! You're addicted!

I mean, sure it's a monthly series, but if they don't even do the basic amount of work to do that, there's no way they'll travel through time and get the raws from the future and release them before they've been released. Just a buncha potheads scared of time paradoxes and being winked out of existence. But not you, right? You'd be fine with risking your life to create a paradox so you can get a release a bit early, right? It reflects poorly on the state of the economy that there are so many welfare geese sucking the teat of Big Government. Not us, Xiammes! We're the good workers that don't rely on the government for anything, except that one time we were on food-stamps after being laid-off! All we need is someone in power to get Big Brother (or Onii-Sama, as you may prefer to call it) off our backs. Someone who doesn't want strong central government. A libertarian!

Seriously Varg? You DO know only TimesTicking able to do time travel, not us ordinary human beings. Even less possible if it were some spoiled person who doesn't even know that the series he likes is published MONTHLY.

32. Description
    content
    Administrator

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,825 Times in 690 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for one second I thought your post was spam....

34. Description
    content
    Ultimate Lune Fan

Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

36. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varg, that was so pro.

Sorry it has to come to this, RHS. :<

38. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for scanlating Needless! It's sad to hear that you will be discontinuing it, but I'm glad to see js06 will continue translating it and I hope another group will pick it up soon, especially with 107 coming out next Monday in Japan.

Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your other projects.

40. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://silicascans.blogspot.com/2012...h-version.html

Looks like these guys have got it covered

42. Description
    content
  43. The Following User Says Thank You to Thatguy771 For This Useful Post:

Holy_Banisher (11-15-2012)

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was the epitome of entitled assholes. Wanna read it so bad Xiammes? 日本語の読み方を習うよ

Anyways, thanks for the releases so far and the heads up, RHS, I'll still be coming back for Beelzebub, HnG, and TWGOK xD
    "Happiness lies in our destiny like a cloudless sky before the storms of tomorrow destroy the dreams of yesterday and last week." -Linus

45. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get so mad @Xiammes.
    The reasons to read manga aren't unknown to me, but the reasons for someone to choose a series and spend many hours are of his(her) life scanlating it are a mystery. There are so much effort and dreams involved that if you don't experience it by yourself you wont know ever. Blame on them, but don't get mad, please.

Also don't put too much rage on him, at last Xiammes hasn't killed nobody,... up to now
    Last edited by Caminante; 11-16-2012 at 09:12 AM.

47. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm a rare poster here and just another poster, but believe it or not NEEDLESS saved my life....

Okay that's not true. But seriously you guys are amazing. I literally found out today that NEEDLESS was a monthly series ALTHOUGH I suspected it because of it's number of chapter vs. the release of it's anime, of which I've only watched a few seconds of and quit on. *shame on me, I had no idea it would be THIS*

While having my half-*ssedly fought battle to learn Japanese and complete my worthless college degree, I read NEEDLESS to hide all the pain temporarily and enter the loli world, second to the Holy Bible's depiction of eternal life and whatnot. So while I can't make up for what douchebags say, just know that this one person, the size of an insect compared to the billions of people on this planet, is eternally grateful(at least until it fades) of what you've done here for this manga, and I give anyone who feels otherwise the flick of a certain finger that should not be flicked.

S.S. Anne b-tches.

(bcz closing with something that makes sense is over-rated)

49. Description
    content

Status
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!!
    :|

51. Description
    content

Status
    In my multidimensional Domination fortess
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too bad that you guys dropped it but you did a stellar job on it. So what are you guys are gonna work on in place of it.
    Last edited by WorldDominator; 11-30-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo
    One step today, domination of the world tomorrow

53. Description
    content
+ Reply to Thread